Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sharp Pains 39 Weeks Pregnant

CHAPTER XI: "Visits to Florence"

"Oh my sweet Florence, how are you? Looks like you have reduced, so pale, you do not damage eat? "an awkward Angelique turned to a glassy Florence.





"How do you deal with the sisters? Are you sure about this? "Angie did not hold that questions of Flo, it was certainly good to see that.
seemed distraught, sad, did not appear at all motivated to get those votes, but after what had happened, it was almost inevitable now taking that step.
His companions watched from afar, probably rightly saw the diversity, just how different their vocation than that of Florence.





"My dear - his debut - I'm fine, do not worry about me. I passed that time, and it is thanks to this I am able to see the world through different eyes, I'm trying with all of myself to forgive Jan Philippe for the pain he caused to my heart. "Angelique took her hands up to that time Florence had never confided in anyone, not even with her mother, and she did not want to miss the opportunity to stay close in that situation seemingly serene but understandably lacking in balance.

"I understand," he said. Florence knew that he would open his heart, he knew very well, and was also convinced that in some way would help, if only she had allowed him.



"Look, Angie, the death of my uncle, Vincent Le Courot, has left a huge void inside me. I know that my mother always wanted me well, I know that Daddy has done everything that was his power to make me live a peaceful life, and never stop to thank them for that. I am their daughter, even though nobody's daughter. It 's so that I felt when I opened the letter from the uncle's daughter anyone, but much beloved by those who raised me.

I can not do a crime in Virginia and if Claude had been abandoned just a few days, just outside the door of the Church, but I can not even pretend that everything is as before, because nothing is the same yesterday, never will be ; more. "the voice of Florence seemed detached, as if what he was saying really did not belong to her, nor had ever belonged to, but from her eyes puffy and bloodshot, everyone would have guessed that behind that armor that skillfully had built over the past months, lurking fears and frustrations of a woman who had felt rejected all his life, from parents before, man after which he loved.



"My dear, we will have accepted and loved from the first moment ..." Florence Angelique stopped.
"Yes, and I will never cease to be grateful for this, but the pain that can lead to an abandonment is immense as it is profound. "Florence's face was colored by emotion now happy but sad at the same time.

thought of Virginia, and how he really felt his daughter, how she had been a good mother but also a strong woman in all those years: how she had managed to hide, even before the evidence, the genetic differences that clearly, year after year, is imprinted on his skin as an indelible mark.



thought that was related to the complicity, a complicity that only mother and daughter can reach

,



and the relationship that was beautiful Daianne with his sister at that moment She recalled, in a quick flashback, all the images of his past life in the family Berget, confidences with Day, the nights spent on the couch to talk about,





chats with Uncle Vin.
But another feeling, a sad feeling, burning in his heart.

"I'll never forget the letter to Jan Philipp, his words, so dismissive, so hard as a serious act I never committed to being treated like that?

I still remember that day, we had to see us, I was so happy ... we'll soon have completed twenty-five, and I began to fantasize about us, about our future, on his birthday, during which certainly would have openly declared her love for me to his family.
knocked on the door, ran to open: a middle-aged, elegantly dressed, he handed me a letter. It bore the emblem of the House of Bricherat, I could not help but feel heart sank, I was convinced within me that the letter was a harbinger of good news, and that it was time that I had waited for so many years. Courses in the room of Uncle Vin, which now had become my refuge, to read, his heart already pounding:




\u0026lt;\u0026lt;Dear Florence Berget, I write to inform you of an event that has disrupted my life positively: I I'm in love, finally. Typically do not speak of the love child and adolescent who accompanied our lives until now, no, I speak of passion and emotional involvement of mature love. You were a part of my life I'll never forget, but my choice is to marry a woman with whom I know I'll live a peaceful life, happy and above all a life where love endures. I feel a strong affection for you, but nothing more. With love, Jan Philippe.>>


I remained impressed by the coolness with which I had always considered my love had turned to me, I did not believe it at first.





But when I saw that he did not show up, even on the day of my twenty-fifth birthday, I was sure that he loved a person despicable, that I should soon forget. "Sobbed Florence , it was clear that even retrace those events, giving a sense of loneliness and helplessness that no one could calm down.

"Flo, take the vows is not a great way to forget ..." Angie's voice was reassuring, maternal, caring. But hiding a strong sense of suffering for his little friend, who replied: "It may not be a way of forgetting, Angie, Uncle Vin, but I was always taught that what matters in the earthly life is forgiveness, and I must be able to forgive, if I want to continue with this choice. And then I'm fine here, the sisters are loving, but the Mother Superior, I really feel at home. "


" It 's just the point, Florence! You're running away from a feeling too strong to be so drowsy, and take the vows is a serious experience, motivated by the many reflections and solid certainties, "now the voice of Angelique became more secure, in reality sounded like a warning, or rather, a spur to action. He went on: "I did not come here just to ask how are you, I also have a news for you, it's just that you know, before continuing on your way. I only found out yesterday ... Jan Philippe married in two days. "


Florence stared:" Two days? "





" Yes, two days, Flo. Now it's up to you to figure what to do. But if there's still inside you too only a glimpse, a feeling toward him, think about it. Flo's still time. "Angelique Florence vigorously embraced and took leave.
Florence sat down. He had to think about. Even for her, soon there would be an event which probably would change your life forever: Angelique was right, take the votes was not an option recently, in a sense represented a full and self-giving end of a woman God, and this certainly would have many meanings.

Florence watched her fellow course, all seemed happy, all convinced of what they were doing, but at the same time, so young, just like her, still bound to the material world that was surrounded ... in the hall talking about fashion, cooking, art, and anyone in hearing such talk, he doubted that it could deal with girls who soon gave up the same way which seemed so closely linked.

"Florence, we are now in the mood hits, eh?" Mother Superior interrupted her thoughts.
"Ma. Mother, I do not expect anyone to tell the truth ... "said Florence intrigued but at the same time surprise.
"My dear, well accommodated in the private lounge, this is a very important visit, for you. "




0 comments:

Post a Comment